ÖFSE – the Austrian Foundation for Development Research – is Austria's leading research and information centre on development cooperation and development policy. The foundation has been at the service of the interested public ever since its establishment in 1967.
Since 2009, ÖFSE operates the C3 Library for International Development in cooperation with BAOBAB and Frauen*solidarität. The C3 Library is Austria's largest academic library dedicated to international development, global learning and women/gender issues.
Research at ÖFSE is interdisciplinary and practice oriented. Its Science & Research department offers information, analysis and advice on the following topics:
- Austrian and International Development Policy
- Education and Development
- International Trade and Global Value Chains
- Private Sector Development (PSD) and Industrial Policy
- Commodities and Development
- Stakeholder participation, process design and facilitation